Compounded can make the dentist’s chair more comfortable…
Dentistry is an ideal arena for compounded medications. From an eight-year-old getting a cavity filled to an eighty-year-old getting fitted for dentures. Compounded works closely with both you and your doctor or dentist to find solutions to the trickiest mouth problems, in order to make dentistry as pain-free and pleasant as possible.
As with many medical treatments, the therapeutic options available to dentists can be limited. Some patients may not respond well to standard medications. Compounded Dental services enhance the acceptability and application of medications through its ability to customise dosage forms.
• Some nauseated patients or those who cannot swallow a pill may receive the medicine through a gel rubbed into the skin.
• Patients who suffer from needle anxiety may receive a topical anesthetic to allow for painless dental injections.
• Other creative solutions for medication problems may include liquids, pastes, lip balms, or even lollipops.
• Anotherchallenge with dental-related medication is the involvement of the taste buds. Some dental rinses, solutions and gels have an unpleasant flavor. Our Compounding pharmacists can help make the medicine taste better without changing its properties and performance.
Each patient is unique and may benefit from our custom-compounded medication for the following conditions:
• Cold Sores
• Oral Lichen Planus
• Canker sores
• Dry socket/mouth treatments
• Fluoride treatments
• Gum disease/Gengivitis
• Pain relief
• Plaque removal
• Mouth ulcers
• Tooth whitening
• Topical Dental Anaesthetics
• Local Oral Infections
• Patients who take anticoagulants
• Procedural anxiety
• Kids foot and mouth
• And more!
Trips to the dentist do not have to include unnecessary anxiety or discomfort. One of the best tools to fight these fears is with Compounded medications, which can lessen the physical discomforts involved in a trip to the dentist and help ease the patient’s anxiety.
From cosmetic medications like bleaching gels to unique formulations to treat oral ulcers or gum disease, Compounded can offer benefits for all areas of dental medicine.
Ask your Dentist or call Compounded about personalized dental compounding today
No products were found matching your selection.